Tell a friend


Q. What health requirements must I meet ?
Answer : Applicants for visas and permits for New Zealand must have an acceptable standard of health. To show that you have an acceptable standard of health, you may have to complete a medical certificate, and submit it with your application. There are two different medical certificates:
• Medical and Chest X-ray Certificate (INZ 1007)
• Temporary Entry X-ray Certificate (INZ 1096).

What you have to provide depends on which category you are applying under, and how long you intend to stay in New Zealand.
Q. Do I need a police certificate ?
Answer : All applicants aged 17 years or over who are working, visiting or studying in New Zealand for longer than two years in total are required to provide a police certificate.
All residence applicants aged 17 years or over are required to provide police certificates at the time a residence application is lodged.
These certificates need to be less than 6 months old at the time the application is lodged.
Q. How do I know if my adviser is licensed?
Answer : Licensed advisers are listed on the register of Immigration advisers Authority, New Zealand. To see the register, go to
Q. Do I need to send any documents with my EOI?
Answer : Please do not. INZ will ask for them If they need any documents at any other stage.
Q. What is NZQA ?
Answer : New Zealand Qualifications Authority ( NZQA ) is the Government agency responsible for quality assurance of qualifications.
Q. Do I meet the Skilled Migrant Category for residence ?
Answer : The Skilled Migrant Category is based on points you can claim for your age, qualifications, work experience, employment in NZ, etc. There are certain requirements that must be met in order for you to claim those points. The minimum points you need to submit an EOI is 100.
Q. What is an "open work permit", and how do I get one?
Answer : Open work permit/visa is one that does not require an offer of employment at the application stage and allows employment for any employer. These types of work permits/visas are only available to specific applicants, eg. New Graduates, Partners, Spouses and Working holiday applicants.
Q. How can I become a New Zealand resident?
Answer : To become a resident of NZ, you must meet at least one residence category available in the govt. residence program. There are specific requirements listed for each of these categories, and beside those, each person applying for residence (which includes partners and dependant children as well) must also meet health and character requirements.
Q. Can I come to live in New Zealand permanently with my brother/sister?
Answer : If you wish to join your brother or sister permanently in NZ, you will need to obtain a residence permit/visa. There is a specific residence category available to such applicants, called Adult Sibling Policy.
Q. How can a partner of NZ citizen/resident live in NZ permanently?
Answer : If you wish to join your partner permanently in NZ, you will need to obtain a residence visa/permit under the partnership category.
Q. Can I look after my child in New Zealand while he/she is attending school and holding a student permit?
Answer : Yes, If you are the parent or legal guardian of a student enrolling in school years 1 to 13, or who is aged 17 years or younger, you may be issued a guardian visa so you can live with and care for the student.
Q. How can I get a student visa/permit?
Answer : To apply for a student visa/permit, you must meet certain policy requirements.
Q. Does my Occupation require a New Zealand Registration?
Answer : In New Zealand, registration is required by law in order to undertake employment in certain occupations. eg. Teachers, Nurses, Electrician etc.
Q. As a visitor, can I apply for a different permit while I'm in NZ?
Answer : Yes, you may apply for a work, student or residence permit, while you are in NZ as a visitor.
Q. Who can run a business in NZ?
Answer : The following people can own/run a business in NZ:
• Anyone who has a right to live permanently in New Zealand.
• Holders of LTBV.
• Holders of partnership work permit/visa.
Q. Can I get residence by running a business in NZ?
Answer : Once you have been successfully running the said business for some time then you may be eligible to apply for residence under the Entrepreneur Policy.
Q. Can I apply for a Graduate Job Search Work permit/visa?
Answer : Yes, you can apply for a Graduate Job Search Work permit if you have successfully completed, in New Zealand, a qualification that qualifies for points under the Skilled Migrant Category.
Q. Who can authorise a statutory declaration?
Answer : A statutory declaration can be undertaken by a Lawyer, Notary Public, Justice of the Peace, or a court official. There is no set requirement on what type of IELTS test you need to sit for the Immigration New Zealand. You can sit either the Academic IELTS or the General IELTS test as both types are accepted by the Immigration New Zealand.
Q. Do I need a New Zealand driver's license to drive in New Zealand ?
Answer : You can use your overseas or international driver's license for up to 12 months in New Zealand. After a year, you'll need to apply for a New Zealand driver's license.
Please contact NZASIA for further information.
Time in Auckland -

Copyright 2010 NZAsia Education Immigration Consultants Ltd.     Empowered by: Zoom Infotech | SEO in India